22 Apr Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls with Peanut Sauce
Serves: 4 (3 rolls per serve)
Calories per serve: 165cal
Time to make 20-30mins
GF DF V V+
• 12 sheets rice paper
• 1 capsicum / pepper, deseeded and cut into thin matchsticks
• 1 carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
• 1/2 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1 packet snow pea shoots (optional)
• ½ cup fresh coriander leaves, torn
1 Set out a shallow bowl of lukewarm water to soak the rice paper in and a clean cloth to rest them on for rolling.
2 Soak 1 rice paper for about 30 seconds or until soft, then place on the clean cloth.
3 Place some fresh sliced vegetables and snow pea shoots in the centre of the rice paper.
4 Fold one edge over the filling, tuck sides in and then roll up. Dip into peanut sauce or your favourite dipping sauce.
Calories per serve 210cal
(GF) DF V
• 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
• 1/3 cup water
• 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce (GF)
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 1 1/2 medium limes)
• 4 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce/tamari
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 2 1/4 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce (GF)
• 1 medium garlic clove, mashed to a paste
• 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 Whisk all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl; set aside and serve as dipping sauce for rice paper rolls.