08 Nov Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (I like to use 8 chicken thighs instead of breasts too!)
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 small chopped yellow or red onion
- 1 glove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 Cup Cold Water
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Sesame Seeds
- Place the chicken breasts/thighs in the slow cooker/crock pot
- Mix together the honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, onion , ginger and pepper and pour over the chicken breasts
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- After the 6 hours remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker/crock pot and place in a bowl, shred with forks
- In a separate bowl mix the cold water and cornstarch until it is smooth and not lumpy
- Pour the Teriyaki sauce from the slow cooker into a sauce pan and add the cornstarch mixture
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and toss.
- We love chicken teriyaki over white or brown rice but you can also put it into sandwiches, pitas, over potato etc etc It’s so yummy!